Over the course of the semester, I have had the opportunity to volunteer at Cornercopia, and I have to say: It was pretty amazing. Even though the work I did there was not related to my major and future aspirations, I had a lot of fun learning how to plant different types of seeds (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, you name it), how to water plants, how to make soil blocks,  how to check the germination of seeds, and even how to prune tree limbs. Prior to this experience, I had no idea how much work went into successfully running an organic farm, and I'm glad I had a chance to witness some of the amazing things Courtney and her apprentices have been doing. One of the things that caught my eye was how meticulously records are kept: every type of seeds is carefully counted, stored, tracked and cultivated; it is a fascinating and intricate process, and I'm happy I had a chance to help. I would definitely recommend volunteering at Cornercopia to anyone interested in organic farming, as Courtney and her apprentices are very knowledgeable, extremely welcoming, and give great tips.
-Bernard Garvey Sindjoun.

1 comment:

  1. Find the best South Minneapolis Real Estate and Lake Nokomis Real Estate at Minneapolisrealtysolutions. Search Minneapolis real estate property homes for sale in Minneapolis.
    South Minneapolis Real Estate

    ReplyDelete